TIPS | Getting Your Kid to Sleep ALONE!
Published on August 17, 2016
Here are some great tips getting your kid to sleep alone that worked great for us! Set rewards or give them choices. Check out the full list! Subscribe to WUM for new vids M-W-F! http://bit.ly/sub2moms
DOWNLOAD TIPS HERE: Getting Your Kids to Sleep Alone
1. Blame Someone Else: For example, try telling your preschooler that the doctor said that they have to stay in the bed so the new baby can get the best night’s sleep!
2. Set a Reward: Give them the confidence they can sleep through one night. Create a weekly chart, then a monthly chart of progress. Your child may even forget to ask for the reward!
3. Checking In: Let them know you’re going to come back in 5 minutes and make sure you follow through.
4. Be Specific: Tell them what you’re doing when you step away. For example, “Mom’s gonna go unload the dishwasher; I have to call Aunt Lala.”
5. Give Choices: Ask them what stuffed animal they want to sleep with, how bright to leave the lights, or if they want the door open or closed.
6. Positive Reinforcement: Let them know you’re proud of them.
We provide our videos for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. WUM is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our videos.