EAT | Avery’s Favorite Honey Sesame Chicken Tenders
Published on April 24, 2017
Avery and I had a lot of fun in the kitchen this week making one of her most requested dinners. For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, go to http://bit.ly/2paZ90j and entered the promo code: moms30 Subscribe to WUM for new vids M-W-F! http://bit.ly/sub2moms
• 2 cloves Garlic
• 1 thumb Ginger
• 4 Scallions
• 1.5 cups Jasmine Rice
• 16 oz Broccoli Florets
• 24 oz Chicken Tenders
• 1 tsp Cornstarch
• 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
• 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
• 4 tbsp Honey
• 1 tsp Sesame Oil
• 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring 2 2⁄3 cups salted water to a boil in a small pot. Mince or grate garlic. Peel, then mince ginger until you have 2 TBSP. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate.
2. Once water boils, add rice to pot. Cover, lower heat, and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Keep covered until rest of meal is ready. Meanwhile, toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven until slightly crisp, about 20 minutes.
3. Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink in center, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. While chicken cooks, combine 1⁄2 cup water, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a small bowl, whisking vigorously to remove any clumps.
5. Reduce heat under pan to medium- low and add a large drizzle of oil. Add garlic, ginger, and scallion whites. Cook, tossing, until fragrant and starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Pour in vinegar and cook until almost evaporated. Add honey and stir to combine. Stir in sauce and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in 1 tsp sesame oil.
6. Return chicken to pan and toss to coat in sauce. Fluff rice with a fork, then divide between plates. Top with chicken and add broccoli to the side. Garnish with scallion greens and sesame seeds.
Thank you for making us the #1 Parenting Network on YouTube!
Follow What’s Up Moms on:
We (especially Ryder) would like to thank Hello Fresh for sponsoring this video and the yummy meals!