EAT | Ice Cream Cake
Published on June 27, 2016
There’s nothing more festive or delicious for your little one’s birthday than an ice cream cake. It’s actually not the easiest dessert to make, so here’s the best way I’ve found to make one that is sure to impress! Subscribe to WUM for new vids M-W-F! http://bit.ly/sub2moms
DOWNLOAD RECIPE HERE: Ice Cream Cake
• 1 ½ quarts chocolate ice cream, softened
• 1 ½ quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
• 8 oz hot fudge sauce at room temperature
• 12 sandwich cookies, cut or smashed into pieces
• 8 oz heavy whipping cream
• 2-3 TBSP sifted powder sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
1. If your ice cream isn’t softened, do so by letting it thaw in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
2. Spread chocolate ice cream in a pan. Put back into freezer to harden for 30 minutes.
3. Spread hot fudge. Sprinkles cookies and press down so cookies stick to hot fudge. Put back in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Spread vanilla ice cream for next layer and put back in freezer for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
5. Take cake out of freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes while you make whipped cream.
6. In electric mixer, mix whipping cream on high. Add vanilla while cream is still liquid and continue to beat. When it starts to change consistency, add powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Remove cake from pan (run a knife along the edge and then open spring), and spread whipped cream on top and sides. If desired, pipe on decorations and add sprinkles.
TIP: Best to finish your cake the night before your party. Let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing in and enjoying.
HOT FUDGE SAUCE
Take 8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips and about 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (1/2 and 1/2 works in a pinch) and place them in a double boiler or in large bowl over some simmering water. Allow to melt while constantly stirring. You’ll have an easy, rich hot fudge sauce.
We provide our videos for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. WUM is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our videos.