EAT | Homemade Hummus
Published on July 10, 2017
Your kids will love this hummus after school or camp. It’s creamy, delicious, and packed with protein!
Check out our Amazon store for everything in this episode: http://www.amazon.com/shop/whatsupmoms
– 1/4 cup tahini
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about one medium lemon) + 2 tablespoons water (you want 1/4 cup of liquid)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 can chickpeas (15oz can, rinsed and drained)
– 1-2 tablespoons water (if needed)
1. Whip tahini and lemon juice plus water (total of 1/4 cup liquid) for about 1 minute in a food processor.
2. Add garlic, cumin and salt. Then with the motor running add your olive oil slowly.
3. Add 1/2 the chickpeas and puree until fairly smooth. Scrape down the sides and add the other 1/2 and continue processing until smooth.
4. Optional: add 1-2 tablespoons additional water until you get a creamy consistency.