EAT | Chocolate Donuts
Published on December 19, 2016
These chocolate donuts, decorated with peppermint candy canes, taste as amazing as they look. They’re actually easy to make and my kids could not have been happier when they discovered them on their breakfast plates. Subscribe to WUM for new vids M-W-F! http://bit.ly/sub2moms
DOWNLOAD RECIPE HERE: Chocolate Donuts
• 1 ¼ cups flour
• ½ cup sugar
• 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
• ¾ tsp baking soda
• 1/8 tsp salt
• ½ cup milk
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 heaping cup sour cream
• 3 TBS vegetable oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract.
1. Mix your eggs, milk, vegetable oil, sour cream, and vanilla in a mixer until eggs are beat. Add sugar and beat. Add cocoa powder and beat.
2. Add the baking soda and salt to the flour. Then add the combo a little at a time to the rest of the batter, mixing after each addition.
3. Place a plastic bag in a tall cup, and fold the top over the edge of the cup. Spoon the batter into the bag, then remove from cup and twist the top to remove the air and get the batter into the corner/tip. Snip the tip off and pipe into a greased donut pan. Only fill the donut pan 2/3 full. Use extra batter to make muffins if your donut pan only has 6 wells.
4. Put into preheated 350 oven for about 9 minutes. Remove from oven to cool in pan.
• 1/5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 2 TBSP milk
• ¼ tsp peppermint extract
• 2 TBSP crushed peppermint candies
1. While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Put the powdered sugar into a bowl and drizzle with milk. Whisk until all mixed.
2. Add peppermint extract.
3. Warm the glaze for about 15 seconds in the microwave so it is just warm and slightly thinner.
4. Dip the pan-side of your donut in the glaze. Cool on a wire rack. Re-dip into glaze (reheating the glaze in the microwave first) and decorate.
Thank you for making us the #1 Parenting Network on YouTube!
Follow What’s Up Moms on:
We provide our videos for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. WUM is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our videos. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.