EAT | Avery’s Favorite Honey Sesame Chicken Tenders
Published on April 24, 2017
Avery and I had a lot of fun in the kitchen this week making one of her most requested dinners. For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, go to http://bit.ly/2paZ90j and entered the promo code: moms30 INGREDIENTS
• 2 cloves Garlic
• 1 thumb Ginger
• 4 Scallions
• 1.5 cups Jasmine Rice
• 16 oz Broccoli Florets
• 24 oz Chicken Tenders
• 1 tsp Cornstarch
• 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
• 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
• 4 tbsp Honey
• 1 tsp Sesame Oil
• 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring 2 2⁄3 cups salted water to a boil in a small pot. Mince or grate garlic. Peel, then mince ginger until you have 2 TBSP. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate.
2. Once water boils, add rice to pot. Cover, lower heat, and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Keep covered until rest of meal is ready. Meanwhile, toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven until slightly crisp, about 20 minutes.
3. Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink in center, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. While chicken cooks, combine 1⁄2 cup water, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a small bowl, whisking vigorously to remove any clumps.
5. Reduce heat under pan to medium- low and add a large drizzle of oil. Add garlic, ginger, and scallion whites. Cook, tossing, until fragrant and starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Pour in vinegar and cook until almost evaporated. Add honey and stir to combine. Stir in sauce and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in 1 tsp sesame oil.
6. Return chicken to pan and toss to coat in sauce. Fluff rice with a fork, then divide between plates. Top with chicken and add broccoli to the side. Garnish with scallion greens and sesame seeds.
We (especially Ryder) would like to thank Hello Fresh for sponsoring this video and the yummy meals!
Don’t forget to subscribe for new vids every M-W-F! http://bit.ly/sub2moms